I love storytelling. I’m a writer and I have a book blog where I discuss books and short stories. So of course I’m crushing mainly on good books, great stories, and overall lovely things. Here is a list of things I’m crushing on at the moment:
1. The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden. I discovered this book on wattpad. Fast forward a while later and it’s published and part of a series! The book is fantastic and the author is a genuinely lovely person.
2. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I have a confession: I’ve never read anything by David Sedaris before. Please don’t judge me! I’m fixing this. I was drawn to this title in particular because after being an English major & understanding what makes clear, concise writing, me talk pretty one dayis pretty much how I feel.
3. Hit Record. It’s a collaborative website where you make all kinds of art and productions together. How cool is that?. I’ve been a member for years, but I’ve just now started getting back on and contributing. Plus it was co-founded by the undeniably awesome Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
4. Podcasts. I’m really digging podcasts more than ever. Maybe it’s because I haven’t been involved in an audio production project in so long. Some of my favorites are Welcome to Nightvale, We’re Alive, Limetown, The Black Tape Files, and Hello from the Magic Tavern. My favorite nonfiction podcast is Serial.
5. Matthew Gray Gubler. The first and only person on the list, and the only person I currently have heart eyes over. A lot of people know him from Criminal Minds, but I knew him from his art before I evem watched it. Someone I follow on twitter RTd a drawing he did and I absolutely loved it. A little while after that I figured out he was the guy who played the doctor on Criminal Minds, a show I had little knowledge of at the time. He’s one of those people whose weirdness complements my own, so I usually end up loving anything he’s involved with. A couple of my favorites (aside from his art) are Suburban Gothic and Band of Robbers.
What’s giving you serious heart eyes right now? I want to hear about it!
Do you love any of these? Do you have a recommendation for a show/book/podcast/artist you just love that you think I should check out? Tell me in the comments! I’d love to hear about it!