Books are by far the most common type of magic in the world. You can open a book and be transported to a whole different universe. It’s amazing. I’m such an avid reader that I have a whole list of books already that I would like to read/finish reading in 2014! Here’s the list so far:
- Bossypants by Tina Fey. I started reading it a little while ago and haven’t had time to finish it. What I’ve read so far has been hilarious and insightful.
- This Star Won’t Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl by Esther Earl with Lori and Wayne Earl. I’m a nerdfighter, so I already know the story of amazing Esther Earl. If you don’t, she was a smart and amazing teenager who passed away from cancer. Friends of John Green, she was very active in the nerdfighter community. Her words are full of love and empathy even though she was facing the very scary struggle of thyroid cancer. Also, portions of the proceeds go to This Star Won’t Go Out, the foundation started in memory of Esther.
- Looking for Alaska, by John Green. Once again, as a nerdfighter, I love John Green. I’ve read all of his other books (You may have heard of The Fault In Our Stars) and I have no idea why I haven’t yet read this book. I plan to change that!
- Hollow City, by Ransom RIggs. This book is the sequel to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, a book that stole my heart and my imagination.
- Dead Ever After, by Charlaine Harris. I love the Sookie Stackhouse novels, which is what the popular television show True Blood is based on. When this book, the thirteenth and final book in the series, came out I didn’t want to finish it! Now the suspense is getting to me so I’m just going to have to do it.
Okay, everyone! This is my list thus far into the year! What books are you looking forward to being released/reading? Also, I made a Facebook Page for Magic and Starlight and Wonder! Just click the Facebook icon in the corner to go to it! Please like it to stay up to date on the blog and to see extras!
Thanks for reading! Have a great day,